You will oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
The position collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
· Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
· Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
· The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
· Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
· Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
· Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
· Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content re-purposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
· Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
· Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
· Conducting periodic competitive audits.
· Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
· Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
· Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
· Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
· Work closely with company’s Chief Design Officer on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
· 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multi-channel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
· Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
· Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
· HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required.
· Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
· Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
· The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
· A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
· Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
· Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
· Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
· Excellent negotiator and mediator.
· Incredible people skills.
· Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc.
· Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, etc.).
· A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
· Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, PowerPoint)
· Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
· Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
· Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
· Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
Since 2003, APVI has provided expedited US passport and travel visa processing services to individual and corporate travelers. We are registered with the US Passport Agency and with over 90 embassies.
Apply for this job
The leading Fortune 500 companies and tour operators depend on APVI
to expedite their Passports and Travel Visas!