APVI.com has just launched its Affiliate and Corporate sales program. We are looking for a sales representative in our downtown Washington, DC office who has experience in the travel industry and in selling affiliate and corporate accounts.
Sales Representative Job Responsibilities:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- In-person visits with current and potential clients.
The position pays $20 an hour, with an expected 40 hours a week during the hours of 8-5, Monday – Friday. Upon completion of the 90-day trial period, there is the possibility of moving to salary with medical and dental paid by the employer.
Sales Representative Qualifications/Skills:
- Customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Closing skills
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- Motivation for sales
- Existing clients list and connections a plus.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems.
- Vehicle and current driver’s license required.
- Authorized to work in the US.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.